As an active member of the team, undertake detailed evaluation and structuring of potential credit enhancement opportunities in the infrastructure space, while also supporting origination, documentation, capital market and post-transaction monitoring activities.
An ideal candidate for the role is a highly analytical finance/investment professional with 2-5 years of investment research (equities, fixed income, and macroeconomic analysis) experience in one of the top investment banks with established research capabilities.
- Conduct detailed due diligence, site visits, financial, credit, and risk analysis on prospective infrastructure-related pipeline transactions as part of internal credit appraisal, in accordance with underwriting criteria and credit policies.
- Review client business plans, financial models and prepare analyses and documentation to assess potential credit enhancement transactions against our Eligibility Criteria, risk appetite, sector limits, development goals, and other factors
- Contribute to the preparation of mandate letters, committee papers, term sheets and credit papers, with clear understanding of structural elements of each mandate, including key performance factors and risk mitigants
- Develop robust proprietary financial models and scenarios for internal transaction analysis and post-transaction monitoring of client performance
- Actively monitor data rooms, manage information flow, track correspondence with clients on ongoing engagements and maintain proper records for each project
- Perform desktop and market research on potential clients, competitors, industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Support new business pitches ensuring delivery with sound situations-based offerings, for both internal committee approvals and roll-out to the market.
- Support the selection, engagement, and monitoring of due diligence consultants which support our due diligence and credit appraisal process
- Provide any related administrative and logistics support functions required in the support of the business
- Expertly use MS Office Suite tools, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, delivering professional business/report writing and presentations for internal and external use.
Qualifications and Experience
- Postgraduate degree qualification in Economics/Business/Accounting or MBA.
- Minimum 2 years of investment research experience.
- Demonstration of keen interest in credit/financial analysis, project finance advisory, investment research and/or debt capital markets.
- Excellent analytical, research and structuring know-how skills (particularly in the infrastructure space), a good understanding of guarantee products, capital markets, and financial instruments.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to engage effectively with clients, investors, internal peers, legal counsel, consultants, rating agencies, bankers, etc.
- Mastery of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Relevant professional qualifications are an advantage.