|Title||Financial Sector Equity Research Analyst – Exotix Capital|
Work closely with financial sector specialists in Lagos, Dubai and other international locations to prepare a high-quality global equity research product for consumption by large institutional investors based primarily in North America, Europe, and South-East Asia. The role is based in Lagos, but occasional travel to Dubai will be necessary.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Draft earnings notes, collate and analyze data for thematic cross-country and cross-sector reports.
· Update financial models in a timely manner following earnings releases.
· Develop, update and distribute financial sector weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
· Prepare and distribute relevant news and data each morning for use by the sales and trading desks in Lagos, Dubai, London, Nairobi, and New York.
· Update investor marketing and other presentational material as needed.
· Help coordinate meetings between institutional investors and corporates. There will be opportunities to join these meetings from time to time.
· Actively participate in earnings calls with listed corporates.
· Distribute stock exchange notices and earnings updates to the global equities team.
· Other ad-hoc tasks.
· BSc. degree in a quantitative discipline.
· 1-2 years’ work experience or a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
· Good knowledge of and a strong interest in capital markets.
· Highly quantitative. Programming ability would be an advantage.
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and Word.
· Proficiency in Bloomberg is preferred but not required.
· Team player, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Be able to take the initiative and meet deadlines under minimal supervision.