Reports to: Team Lead, Financial Planning
- To offer appropriate financial planning for the well-being of the company’s internal and
external clients, whilst maintaining the interests of the company.
- To add value to a customer base via the provision of appropriate financial advice and selling
appropriate financial products to customers, thereby meeting the clients unique financial
BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE
- Proactively render advice and sell products i.e. Banking (Referral), Investment, Insurance,
Retirement, Fiduciary and Tax Planning.
- Ensure that clients’ instructions are duly effected by applying all standard checks and controls in
coordination with other departments.
- Achieve a satisfactory level of knowledge of Premier Banking products and services by keeping
up to date with related developments.
- Strong understanding of economics and financial markets, focusing on the fixed income and
- Establishes trust in all professional relationships.
- Acts in the best interest of the client and the organizations in providing professional services.
- Demonstrates ethical judgment.
- Demonstrates intellectual honesty and impartiality.
- Recognizes limits of competence and voluntarily seeks the counsel of and/or defers to other
professionals when appropriate.
- Ensure strict adherence to “The Six Steps of Financial Planning“ process and documentation.
- Develop and implement financial plans for individuals through interviews and data capturing.
- Carry out analysis based on obtained data with the aim of providing solutions and advice to the
- Recognize limits of competence and voluntarily seek the counsel of and/or defers to other
professionals i.e. service providers when appropriate.
- The ability to listen to and verbally express ideas or facts in a manner which is transparent,
consistent, fluent, with conviction and holds the attention of the audience both in a group and
- Ability to adjust language and terminology to the profile and the needs of the listener(s).
- Deal effectively with objections and complaints.
- Pay attention to needs, the expectation of clients and also ensure a clear understanding of these.
- Demonstrates capacity to be proactive in interpreting Potential Clients/Clients thinking and
- Analyze and integrates information from a variety of sources to arrive at best solutions for the
- The ability to be aware of and understand one’s emotions, personal strengths, development areas,
values, needs and interests and how these affect others. This includes creating a good first
impression, commanding attention and respect, conveying a strong sense of self-worth and
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Marketing or related field of study.
- Membership of a professional sales body will be an added advantage
- At least 4-7 years sales and client relationship management
- Ability to interact and negotiate with the clients to make prudent financial decisions for the
benefit of the company
- Customer focused & results oriented
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pull together various resources to sell and deliver customer solutions
- Good organizational and time management skills are highly desirable
- Cooperative working style and strong communication skills are required, in order to develop
and maintain effective working relationships both externally and internally
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude to work and a team player.
Apply electronically with a detailed CV and a cover letter by sending an e-mail with the subject
“Financial Planner” to email@example.com, no later than March 12, 2018. Please note that only
short-listed candidates will be contacted.