Reports To: CFO
Key Accountabilities: Responsible for assessing, rating, recommending, monitoring, and reporting on the operational, financial, strategic, and compliance risks that the CGF faces in the delivery of its mandate.
MAX is experiencing unprecedented organizational growth and is seeking a Head of Credit Risk who will oversee the credit process that supports our mission-driven asset finance activities. The Head of Credit Risk will manage a team of credit, collections, and recoveries professionals and be accountable for the credit process, approval, collections, and recoveries; development of and compliance with credit policies and portfolio management standards, and the overall quality of the asset portfolio. The Head of Credit Risk will report to the CFO and serve as a member of the senior leadership team.
– Lead initiatives for the development of methodologies for measurement of Credit Portfolio Management across the organisation and associated models/processes
– Develop and enhance the Credit Reporting & Monitoring framework which meets the requirements of various external & internal stakeholders
– Ensure timely and accurate delivery of Credit Risk reports. Interpret the information and suggest actions for consideration by Senior Management
– Assist the CFO in carrying out the responsibilities pertaining to Board Finance & Risk Committees, including preparation of the information pack and responding to data/ analytical requests from the Committee
– Develop, implement, enhance and review Group Credit Policies & Standards in order to ensure that these reflect the best practice and regulate the risk assets of the group as directed by the Board
– Provide requirements and design inputs, particularly with regard to credit risk recognition, measurement and its reporting as part of the core team for implementation of key credit risk-related projects (e.g. Loan Management System, IFRS 9 impairment, etc.)
– Establishment of and adherence to a robust credit culture aligned with MAX’s purpose and mission
Leadership: effectively lead, manage and develop the credit teams by:
– ensuring that staff are selected and trained to a competent level;
– providing sound leadership, coaching, and motivation;
– ensuring direct reports provide their subordinate staff with the required level of leadership and coaching.
To coach and develop Credit Risk, Collections and Recoveries Specialists to demonstrate a commitment to high performance, personal accountability, and collaborative relationships
Credit process management including enhancing process effectiveness and increasing efficiency
Risk rating accuracy and asset loss reserve adequacy
Portfolio risk assessment, management, and reporting
Credit policy development and compliance
– Lead the development, maintenance, and implementation of MAX’s Credit Control policies, procedures, reporting, and systems (including compliance monitoring).
– Ensure debt recovery procedures are fully effective and all available recovery options are utilised to maximise recovery outcomes.
– Manage any ‘extreme’ credit control situations which are outside the authority levels of Credit control
– Develop and implement a Credit Risk Measurement Framework, which includes rating models (PD) and LGD/ EAD measurement
– Ensure timely and accurate reporting to the relevant stakeholders (including board, senior management, rating agencies, etc.)
– Contribute proactively to various credit risk related projects and initiatives, especially on aspects pertaining to credit measurement and sourcing/management of data for these initiatives
– Contribute to system implementation projects in the credit risk space (e.g. Loan Management System) by providing requirements and design inputs, particularly with regard to credit risk recognition and measurement
– Develop and continuously review Group Credit Policy & Standards
– Ensure that sound credit risk measurement and monitoring frameworks are developed and implemented throughout the group in a standardized manner
Skills and Abilities
– Strong understanding of Credit analysis and policies
– Good understanding of Risk Management principles
– Good understanding of evolving regulatory guidelines in this space
– Possess strong problem-solving skills (hypothesis-driven thinking, analytical, quantitative, conceptual skills)
– Thorough understanding of the evolving practices for the management of credit risk and regulatory requirements
– Capable of professional discussions with internal and external stakeholders
– Managing system transitions smoothly
– Able to source data/ perform periodic computations
– Exposure to Collateral system implementation/management preferable
– Exposure to credit risk modelling is desirable
– Good knowledge and hands-on practical experience and use of ERP packages and systems.
– Strong leadership and organisational skills, with an excellent track record in embedding risk management within a Company.
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to effectively interact with and influence people at all levels.
– High sense of responsibility, accountability, and dependability.
– High integrity and ethical standards
– Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Finance, Economics or Management.
– Professional accounting certification desirable, e.g. CFA, ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CISA or other relevant higher business degree
– Risk management certification is an added advantage.
– Minimum 8 years risk management experience in a reputable organisation with strong credit risk management skills, with experience at managing the strategic direction of a business risk unit.
– An individual with international experience will be an added advantage
Submit CV and Cover in one document using the button below.