About CypherCrescent Limited
Who We Are
CypherCrescent is the foremost research and development company with core expertise in mathematical modelling, petroleum engineering, software development and oil & gas asset management consulting.
We are committed to providing innovative and cost-effective business intelligence solutions for E&P companies to enhance efficiency across the hydrocarbon value chain.
We also provide top-notch and fit-for-purpose engineering solutions to our clients with distinctive capabilities that guarantee asset value maximisation through efficient well, reservoir & facility management (WRFM).
We are committed to partnering and assisting our clients to gain a valuable understanding of their assets through the integration of acquired data and in-depth technical insights. This is achieved through the provision of a robust well, reservoir & facility management (WRFM) technology, which not only provides a collaborative platform but also improves operational excellence through optimal allocation of resources and elimination of non-productive time (NPT).
Job Title Finance Manager
Level/Grade To be Determined
Reports To Finance Director
Key Relationships Business Development, Stakeholders Corporate Services, ITSS,
Duration Full time
To create and manage effective and cost-efficient financial practices and procedures for the business through compliant and error-free financial activities and decision-making by collecting, processing, analysing, investigating, and reporting financial data in accordance with established policies and procedures.
▪ Oversee Finance operations and manage all Finance staff and activities to administer effective and cost-efficient financial practices and procedures for the business.
▪ Work closely with management as well as relevant stakeholders, including technical, business, and corporate services leadership to drive effective financial decision making and to support business planning and strategies, to ensure the financial objectives of the organisation are met.
▪ Prepare financial analytics (monthly/quarterly) and reporting, variance, and trend analysis to provide actionable insights.
▪ Work with relevant stakeholders to prepare, review and provide financial reports.
▪ Interpret financial information to the management team while recommending further plans to be carried out.
▪ Collaborate effectively with the technical, business, and corporate services leadership to develop a deep understanding of business levers and identify opportunities to drive value into the organisation.
▪ Manage cash flow and prepare (monthly/quarterly) budgets and forecast as well as monthly cost reports.
▪ Execute the core financial processes for the business (including annual operating plans, periodic business reviews).
▪ Identify, analyse and report financial/operational risks and opportunities to the business in a timely manner.
▪ Ensure accurate and up to date daily, weekly, and monthly records of all transactions.
▪ Perform assessments and evaluations for cost-saving opportunities.
▪ Always ensure confidentiality and security of information and data.
▪ Keep up with financial policies, regulation and legislation to ensure compliance with them in all practices.
▪ Execute any other tasks as may be directed by the Finance Director based on business needs.
• Qualified with a degree in Accounting or a relevant discipline and a certified Accountant (ACA or its equivalent)
• Proven accounting experience with at least 3 years in a management role or as a Finance Manager; Oil & Gas industry experience is preferred.
• Advanced finance analytics, modelling, forecasting, and reporting skills
• Highly proficient with Excel, PowerPoint and SAGE accounting software or other finance software.
• Attention to detail and a commitment to data integrity and confidentiality.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledgeable in financial statistics and accounting principles.
• Extensive knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations.
• Excellent people management and overall leadership skills.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills; able to understand and represent core technical concepts in a simple and comprehensive manner.
• Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as demanded by business needs.
• Resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas.
• Ability to balance a wide variety of projects in a fast-paced work environment.
Competences, Skills & Attributes
Key Competence areas
▪ Business Domain Knowledge
▪ Numeracy & Analytical Skills ▪ Resolute and Accountable ▪ Attention to Details. ▪ Leadership
▪ Business Acumen
▪ Reasoning & Representation
▪ Problem Solving Skills
▪ Technical Skills
▪ Quantitative Skills
▪ Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. ▪ Strong interpersonal & supervisory ▪ Good communication – written & verbal.
▪ Planning & organizational
▪ Management of resources
▪ Comfortable interacting at all levels within the organization
▪ Good working knowledge of Microsoft office packages
▪ Persuasive and confident communicator
▪ Honesty and transparency
▪ Ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
▪ Integrity and professionalism
▪ Persistence and assertiveness combined with tact and diplomacy.
▪ Flexibility: the ability to deal with changing priorities and still deliver success in time ▪ Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
▪ Ability to handle confidential information.
▪ Work well with people, very positive work attitude including willingness to work some longer hours during peak periods.
Qualified candidates should please forward a copy of their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org