CFA Society Nigeria is seeking to hire an EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER.
The EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER will be responsible for the overall management of the Society, including implementing the strategic plan set forth by the Board of Governors, supporting governance initiatives, managing staff and managing relationships with key stakeholders including regulators, employers, members, volunteers, sponsors, and others as needed. This position holder would also be expected to develop business models for the long–term sustainability of the society by devising and implementing strategies aimed at generating new revenue streams for the society through the delivery of member value, professional development, and local credentialing offerings e.t.c.
Strategic Planning and Governance
– Work closely with the Board to develop the Society’s strategic plan and be responsible for the implementation and monitoring of outcomes
Stakeholder Relationship Management
– Develop and nurture strong relationships with key stakeholders, including regulators, C-suite employers, media, CFA Institute, other CFA Institute member societies and related organizations in the field of finance
– Develop, maintain and extend external network of policy contacts, including associations and stakeholders from financial, regulatory, political and public spheres
– Work closely with the Board and members to identify sponsors to support the Society’s programs
– Identify and develop new funding opportunities, while nurturing relationships with existing sponsors
– Direct and oversee the formulation and implementation of all approved programs
– Manage and oversee the candidate education program (prep courses)
– Work with relevant volunteer committees to develop programs for Board approval
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
– Overall management and facilitation of Society’s workforce; Supervise, coach, develop and manage performance and succession planning.
– Lead workforce to support the Board of Governors, committees and project teams
– Effective Team development and management; foster collaboration, ownership, and efficiencies. Manage CFA Society Nigeria’s offices nationwide (currently Lagos and Abuja)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
– Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline (a finance-related degree is advantageous but not necessary)
– Applicant may or may not be a CFA charterholder
– Minimum 10 years’ experience in finance and investment management industry
– Minimum 3 years in a leadership role, ideally in managing a not-for-profit organization or significant segment thereof – including strategic planning, governance, budget management, and implementation of business plans
– Demonstrate a good knowledge of the workings of capital markets and the investment industry
– In-depth knowledge of the regulatory structures, political system and legislation in Nigeria
– Must demonstrate outstanding stewardship and relationship building or management skills
– Excellent interpersonal, communication and public speaking skills, in a professional and diplomatic demeanor
– Proven ability to lead high performing teams
– Flexibility in competently juggling competing priorities and changing expectations
– Strong experience in project management, with skills necessary to interpret what is needed for the success of a project and to create appropriate schedules for timely delivery.
– Global perspectives
– Agility. Effectiveness
– Stakeholder Focus
– Strategic focus
– Organizational Awareness
– Willingness to travel (Local and Foreign)
Important Note: Please upload your CV and Cover Letter as one document (i.e in one pdf file)
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.