As a leading voice for advocacy in the investment industry, CFA Society Nigeria champions the promotion of gender diversity in the investment management profession. The CFA Institute “Women in Investment Management Initiative” is focused on improving investor outcomes by encouraging diversity in the investment profession. As the largest global association of investment professionals, CFA Institute and its member societies, such as CFA Society Nigeria, are in a unique position to raise awareness and drive change.
CFA Society Nigeria launched the Women in Investment Management Initiative in Nigeria at its 2017 Charter Award Ceremony held on 12 November 2017. The society made the following five commitments aimed at supporting women in our industry.
CFA Society Nigeria will:
- produce a comprehensive study that will benchmark firms in the investment industry in Nigeria against global best workplace practices that support women to achieve their full potentials;
- give special recognition awards to three firms that score very well in the benchmarking study, at our 2018 Charter Award Ceremony;
- launch a mentoring program to help women in the investment industry benefit from the experience of successful mentors;
- run at least three gender diversity events in 2018 – two aimed at women in the investment industry and academia and one aimed at young women studying at our universities; and
- launch a ₦50 million permanent Endowment Fund to provide scholarships to young women studying finance-related courses at Nigerian universities and to women sitting for the CFA®, CIPM® , and Investment Foundations® credential offered by the CFA Institute.
Our Women in Investment Management Initiatives are run by our Gender Diversity Committee. If you would like to join this exciting team, click this button to Volunteer
If you would like to volunteer as a mentor, please click this here Mentor signup
Women in Investment Management Initiative – Mrs Bola Adesola, CEO – Standard Chartered Bank
Women in Investment Management Initiative – Mrs Kemi Adeosun, Minister of Finance
Women in Investment Management Initiative – MR JIM OVIA, Chairman – Zenith Bank PLC