The election process for CFA Society Nigeria’s next Board of Governors will hold online between February 10 through March 19, 2021. To be eligible to vote, you must be a Regular or Affiliate member of CFA Society Nigeria with paid membership for FY21 calendar year.
In line with the Society’s Byelaws, the Board of Trustees (BOT) has constituted a Nominations Committee and an Electoral Committee to conduct elections.
Please endeavour to read through each candidate’s profiles to aid you in making an informed decision.
The Nominations Committee will screen candidates for all Board positions against some objective criteria. These criteria are accessible here.
Election Criteria and Nominations Process
- Only active Regular Members of the Society are eligible to vote and be voted for in line with the Society’s Byelaws. Active membership means being current in the payment of the Society dues.
- The positions to be filled on the BOG include President, Vice President, General Secretary, Assistant General Secretary, and Treasurer. A detailed description of the roles can be found in article 10 of our Society’s Byelaws.
- All candidates for elections may:
- 1. Self-nominate
- 1. Self-nominate
- 2. Be nominated for elections by third parties. To be eligible, candidates other than self-nominees must be nominated by multiple third parties and, in addition, will be contacted by the Nominations Committee to confirm their interest to stand as candidates in the elections.
- For third-party nominations, active Regular, Affiliate, Charter-pending, and Candidate members can nominate people for Board positions. The nominee must, however, be a CFA or CIPM charterholder whose society status is active.
- All nominations will be screened by the Nominations Committee created by the BOT using the Society Elections Nominations Criteria. Only persons that successfully pass the screening process shall stand as candidates in the election.
- Voting during the election will be done electronically. The electronic voting platform will be advised ahead of the elections.
2021 Election Timetable
|10 February||Commencement of Nominations|
|17 February||Third-Party Nominations Close|
|19 February||Self-Nominations Close|
|24 February||Announcement of Candidates for Election|
|25 February||Election Campaigns Kick-Off|
|5 & 6 March||Virtual (Zoom) Candidates’ Campaigns/Debates|
|12 March||Election Day|
|13 March||Announcement of Results|
|19 March||Handover & Swearing-in of New BOG|